Monday, October 12, 2009

Friendship Inventory

I woke up this morning and decided to write down the way I feel about my friendships. I listened to a minister named John Gray in church yesterday and he spoke about cutting off people who are not adding anything to your life. What is a friendship if there is no honesty present? Why are people so quick to surround themselves with "yes" people who do not have their best interests in mind? Our society breeds sugar-coating, passive people who cannot by any means handle the truth. I only know one other person (you know I'm talking about you) like me who is so real that it hurts. The truth always hurts though, can YOU handle the pain? Authentic friendships are very rare in contemporary times and it's about time they came back! If you ask then I will tell you my honest (operative word is honest) opinion. I'm sick and tired of being called rude or hostile because I voice the truth that everyone is trying to cover up. I will not be silenced (I never have been but you get the point)! I have some friends who are still not used to my honesty,our relationship will be dwindling rapidly. There is no time for mediocre friendships, if our relationship is parasitic then it's done. I'm on a mission to seek and spread the Truth. I you can't take the heat kindly excuse yourself from the kitchen.
The ultimate Friend (Jesus Christ) said it best: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."(John 15:13). Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment