Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Life Cycle...(A Calandra Original)

This is a piece I wrote for a spoken-word show I was in...

As you read please enjoy these melodic sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04B4RH2JFo (open in a new tab please)

When I was born I came through a flesh womb but when I went through my second womb it was not of the flesh but it was of the Spirit.
So let’s switch realms for a minute and focus on the spiritual rather than the physical.
When I came out of the womb of the Blessed Trinity I had to be nurtured, fed, and cared for. But babies grow up and they begin to crawl and try to fend for themselves.
They stumble around a little bit, they fall, they cry but they know they have their protectors’ arms to run back to. One has to wonder how a baby tries to walk before they can crawl.

Why was I trying to take steps when the muscles in my legs weren’t even formed properly? Why was I trying to formulate words and full grown sentences when my vocal box wasn’t even developed?
So I had to go back to the womb, the place where it all began and begin my journey again. Alright I’m a toddler now I‘ve past my baby stage, I’m able to resist the big bully in the sandbox and his many mean friends. When he tries to steal my lunch money, I can now stop him with just one word: JESUS!
Now I’ve met other toddlers on the playground and we are determined to reach our preteen years in Christ. I’m able to read now and comprehend what I am seeing. The Bible makes sense to me, it’s not just a bunch of letters and numbers and red words.

After many tests and humbling experiences I’ve made it to my preteen years, but why am I still stumbling and crawling on the ground. I know right from wrong, no longer can I be labeled as ignorant because I’ve seen the truth with my own eyes.
Why am I still eating baby food when I am old enough to cook my own nourishing meals? Why am I allowing my flesh to rapidly turn back the hands of time and decrease my age in the Spirit? When my Spirit reached high school age, I had to remove myself from some people whose Spirits weren’t born and had no desire of being born. They didn’t do their homework or read over the required text. They clutched ever so tightly to that umbilical cord of sin which is removed when you are re-born.

When a child gets lost it is never the parents who move it is the child venturing off into unknown territory that they have no business going into. Is it possible to stray so far from God and still be alive? Did He know I would come back? Was this the plan all along, to have me leave and then return with a stronger thirst for God and be able to stand up straight.

With upright positioned shoulders and my head held high I finally realize that I’m grown now and my strength in the spiritual realm reflects in the physical realm. The same physical realm where I must have a funeral for my flesh every day.
I repeat a repentant eulogy daily that if anyone else heard it they would call it a prayer.

As I look back over my life and how far I’ve come in God, I realize the importance and necessity of The Life Cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment