Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stephanie's Book Club

"Chosen & Destined" by Patricia Haley.

As I was strolling through the book heaven named Barnes & Nobles I spotted a book named "Chosen" that had this fine man on the front. Like really fine, here take a look http://www.amazon.com/Chosen-Patricia-Haley/dp/1416580506. I must confess that I do judge books by their covers, I have passed on books that have dull or boring covers. Pardon me, I digress. So anyways, the cover caught my eye initially and then when I read the description of what the book was about I was hooked. Patty (yup I've already nicknamed her) decided to write a book using the biblical story of King David & King Solomon as her base. I don't know about you but I love to read modernized Bible stories! When trying to figure out who the different characters were I found myself reading these books and The Bible (The end of 1st Chronicles & 2 Chronicles ) simultaneously. Patty did an amazing job and I recommend these books 100% to anyone who loves intrigue, mystery, suspense. She gives a fresh outlook to the age-old tale of two of the best Kings in the history of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment