Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Ode to Chocolate Brothers (A Calandra Original)

I have seen a surplus of fine chocolate brothas lately so I had to drop a few lines to express my appreciation. India sings it best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_4ynkfLg5o (please open in a new tab)

There is something about chocolate skinned brothers that attracts me to no end. Whether they have no hair, dreds, or a high top fade, seeing their smooth skin is the highlight of my day. Their skin reminds me of slightly melted Hershey's chocolate smooth with a little bit of gloss. Lawd Jesus don't let them have pearly whites to match. The white color of their teeth contrasted against that skin, constantly sends my whole world in a spin. I can only imagine chocolate colored Kings and Princes in the Motherland, commanding tribes with a spear in hand. I think I have seen the light, but ironically it is dark. If they say light skin is in then I want to be out, because without a doubt dark-skinned brothers are the finest people out. This is my dedicated ode to chocolate brothers all around the globe.

1 comment: