Wednesday, September 9, 2009

From the depths of my heart

The temps say "Papa was a rolling stone, where ever he laid his hat was his home" but what if my Papa never stopped rolling long enough to make a home where we could become one and be one family unit. When Papa divorced Mama he also divorced us kids and now we have chosen to divorce you.
There is no need for lengthy court proceedings or Johnnie Cochran-esque lawyers because it's all a mutual agreement. You don't call me and I don't call you, now every body's happy (well at least I am). Since I refuse to do things I don't want to do:
No I didn't show up to your wedding to a lady who I was never properly introduced to because I didn't like the bride or the groom.
No I will not speak to you when you call, Mama taught me not to speak to strangers.
No I can't see myself respecting what you say because my Mom and Dad are embodied in one person, you're just extra.
I'm not sure why you don't understand where this is coming from. You brought this on yourself!
Yes I am pissed when I didn't get a call on my birthday but instead an annually late card.
Yup I am confused at how you and my Mom were married but I still feel like I was raised in a single-parent home.
Of course I am enraged that you sat back in your weak state and allowed my mother to raise us to the best of her ability and then you want to criticize how we were brought up.
Don't mistake my passion for hate. I would actually have to acknowledge your existence to hate you. I don't so I don't...from the depths of my heart.
*disclaimer* My father and I recently reconciled, but this was on my heart and can now be released in love*

No comments:

Post a Comment