Friday, April 11, 2014

Glory Only In Christ

** I am once again participating in the Lenten SheSharesTruth activity given by the wonderful writers of the blog SheReadsTruth. This week were given the task of interpreting 1st Corinthians 2: 1-5. May you be blessed by what the Lord has laid on my heart to share. Any woman trying to get deeper in God, please visit the blog and join a community of women intent on indulging on His word .**

"Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, But to Your name give glory, Because of Your mercy, Because of Your truth." Psalms 115:1

Take back my degree, erase everything that I went to college for, disregard my eloquent speech, remove my titles, strip me bare of my accomplishments and see only the Christ in me. My things only distract you from seeing the real Star of the show, the Risen Christ. Whatever great things you thought I did do not even measure up in comparison to the greatness that He did on the Cross. I assure you, we are the same, equal, and evenly matched. I cry when you cry. I labor when you labor. I rejoice when you rejoice. I hunger when you were hunger. I stutter when you stutter. If I look weak, great. If I am labeled as meek, wonderful. If I let you cut me off and speak to me in a condescending tone, perfect. As long as by the end of our conversation you realize that the same Christ who justified me also justifies you, it was all worth it. "But he who glories, let him glory on the Lord. For not he who commends himself is approved, but who the Lord commends." 2nd Corinthians 10:17-18 This is what Paul is saying, this is what Stephanie is saying. All glory belongs to the Risen King Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment